Monday, August 29, 2011

Welcome

I'm the Dollar Tree Hunter. This blog is about The Dollar Tree. I'm going to do product reviews, creative uses for dollar products, and maybe reviews of other free or cheap resources to get the most out of your money.

I've been in love with The Dollar Tree since I was a little girl. In middle school, I remember looking at all of the things they had, and telling my mom that when I got my first apartment I would go there first to get what I need. Zap forward to the present day and here I am, doing just that. I go to the Dollar Tree and will try their version of almost anything I need once before buying it at Wal-Mart. Now that I'm really cash strapped, I think I will also try to buy more staples at places like Family Dollar, Dollar General and Big Lots (which I may call Odd Lots out of habit). I am a (mostly former, since I have enough decor/household appliances/books/games/clothing/knicknacks that I am Clean Housing my apartment) thrifting diva as well, but personally because of the nature of thrift store finds, think reviews of what you can find there are kind of pointless other than as illustrations of how great thrift stores are. There's my endorsement: just go to one! They are not gross, and if you are worried about germs don't buy wigs, shoes that can not be sanitized or underwear (one of my rules) and wash/clean everything as soon as you get home. I also endorse garage sales, but again, reviews are pretty pointless and the season is about over now. I am also interested in couponing, so I may regale you with my tales of getting into that game. I'm a single lady looking for a job with a dog in America, trying to live a champagne life on the budget of that drunk homeless guy who always asks you for money. Alright, so I exaggerate. But I'm still pretty darn broke. Most of the things I will write about here will be purchases I made when I actually had a steady income.

One last little tidbit: I am not endorsed by The Dollar Tree or paid by them to do or say anything (but I wish I was!).

No comments:

Post a Comment