Monday, August 29, 2011

Liquid Skin

When I saw liquid skin at The Dollar Tree, I had to try it. I had always wondered about the so-called "liquid band-aids", and here they were for a dollar! The moral of my experience: less is more and don't touch your face. This is really good to use where band-aids won't work or won't stay on. For example, I had a sore hangnail and had to continuously wash my hands at work. Liquid skin to the rescue! It worked so well that I put more on- but then it started to flake off. It is not supposed to do that- the idea of liquid skin is that it protects your wound like there is skin over it, and gently wears off. So if you can pick it off once it dries, you have used too much. Don't touch your face, or any other sensitive area. It's kind of like super glue, which means if you hypothetically get it in your eye it will stick your eyeball to your eyelid, glue your eyelids shut, and if you frantically move your eyes, it will stick to a few more places in your eyelid as you move your eyeball around. AND IT WILL HURT. Not that I know anything about that, but I hear that the worst thing to do if you get something in your eye is to rub it. The second worst thing is to try and pick the liquid skin off. Don't play with liquid skin, kids. You might end up going to the Urgent Care and being very embarrassed. Not that I could relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment